Discover What's New in Recent Versions of Sage 100 Payroll
Beginning with the release of version 2018 for Sage 100, the Payroll module was re-written as a separate installation. This means that you don't need to upgrade the entire Sage system in order to take advantage of the payroll updates. So each year after you finish processing your W-2's for the previous year, you should contact us to install the new version of the Payroll module.
Below are links to the installation and upgrade guide for the last three version of the Payroll module. In addition, there is a link to the current Sage 100 Payroll Tax Update Guide. This guide describes payroll tax related updates for the Sage 100 Payroll module and covers changes to withholding tables, standard deductions, exemptions and wage base limits that have been made to the online payroll tax database.
- The default number of years to retain payroll history is now nine years.
- You can integrate the Payroll module with the Accounts Payable module and set up your deductions and payroll taxes so invoices are created when the Payroll Check Register is updated.
- You can add tasks to the new Public Favorites group.
- You can exclude inactive items from the Lookup in Item Maintenance.
- Several features that were originally available in the subscription plan are now available in both subscription and perpetual versions.
- There are DBA (doing business as) name and address fields for 1099 Forms.
- The check number field is expanded to 10 characters in Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation, General Ledger, Payroll (version 2.21 or later) and Purchase Order.
- There is a Nonemployee Compensation form type in Form 1099 Tax Reporting.
- When you save a new form code in A/R Invoice Printing, all of the setting are saved.
- There is a new report, Purchases Clearing from History, that you can run after period end processing to get the information needed to reconcile the purchases clearing account at any time.
- A Reverse Check Run utility has been added to reverse an entire check run after the register has been updated.
- For those using Paya Connect Desktop, there is an eInvoicing feature that allows customers to make online payments.
- The customer name, customer contact name, vendor contact name, confirm to name and requested by name fields have been expanded to 50 characters.
- For customers, vendors and employees the address lines are expanded to 40 characters, the city is expanded to 30 characters and the country is expanded to 50 characters.
- International addresses can be entered for customers, vendors and contacts.
- Expiration dates can be added for items with lot or serial numbers when the items are received into inventory or produced through Bill of Materials.
If you would like to discuss an upgrade, please contact Sue Deters or Suzanne Watson at (314) 205-2510. If you have third-party enhancement(s), we can assist you with determining if the enhancement(s) are compatible with the most recent version of Sage 100. We can also coordinate with the vendor to make sure the updates are scheduled so you have no unexpected downtime.