10 Things You Should Know About Identity Theft
Here is an overview of the "10 things you should know about identity theft". Click here to read the document in it's entirety.
- Scams are everywhere
- Bogus emails designed to steal your identity are a major problem
- Thieves are eager to gain access to you web email account
- Be alert to scams if you're job hunting
- Email scams become more prevalent following a significant event
- Providing too many details about yourself on social networking can lead to problems
- Don't respond to emails claiming to be from the IRS
- Be wary of callers claiming to be from the IRS and wanting you to pay with a pre-paid debit card or wire transfer
- Scam artists constantly think of new ways to steal your personal data
- Identity theft is no longer a novel occurrence
For assistance in identifying and implementing the fraud prevention strategies best suited to your situation, please contact your Account Executive at (314) 205-2510.