Senior Tax Manager/Tax Manager
|Location:||St. Louis, MO|
|Department:||Tax and Accounting Services|
|Position:||Senior Tax Manager/Tax Manager|
|Education Level:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Experience Level:||Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)|
Conner Ash, a highly respected public accounting Firm with nearly 100 years of providing tax, assurance and accounting services in the St. Louis area, is seeking a Senior Tax Manager or Tax Manager with 7+ years of experience in public accounting and/or other comparable business environments.
As Senior Tax Manager or Manager of the Tax Department, you will work to design and implement processes to effectively manage and provide tax and accounting services to Firm clients, resolve complex tax issues and take an active role in the Firm’s business development.
The responsibilities for a Senior Tax Manager or Tax Manager in our Tax and Accounting Services Department include:
- Review business, individual and trust tax returns
- Provide guidance and review general accounting services
- Have a general understanding of Internal Revenue Code Subchapter C, Subchapter K and Subchapter S
- Recognize, research, document and satisfactorily resolve technical tax issues
- Supervise/mentor team members assigned to client engagements and/or assignments
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers and other team members
- Effectively work with Firms members providing other lines of services to clients
- Assist in the coordination and presentation of in-house CPE events
- Assist in proposals and business development for new and prospective clients
The preferred experience/background/skill requirements for a Senior Tax Manager or Tax Manager in our Tax and Accounting Services Department include:
- CPA required
- Seven or more years of tax compliance and/or accounting experience in a public accounting or comparable environment
- Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively utilize technology
- A commitment to continuous learning
- Excellent supervisory, analytical and leadership ability
- Have the ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, analytical and research abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required)
- Proficiency in Thompson Reuters software platforms a plus
This opportunity offers an extensive benefits package that includes signing bonus, competitive compensation, bonus, profit sharing and 401K plans, health, life, disability and long term care insurance.
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com.