Senior Tax Associate
|Location:||St. Louis, MO|
|Position:||Senior Tax Associate|
|Education Level:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Experience Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Conner Ash P.C., a highly respected public accounting Firm with nearly 100 years of providing tax, accounting and assurance services in the St. Louis area, is seeking a Senior Tax Associate with 3+ years of experience years for our Tax and Business Services Department.
Successful candidates will have recent public accounting (or comparable) experience, strong technical skills and experience in tax return preparation and review. As a Senior Tax Associate, you will work to provide tax compliance, tax consulting and general accounting services to clients, review tax and accounting engagements and mentor less experienced associates.
The responsibilities for a Senior Tax Associate in our Tax and Business Services Department include:
- Prepare and review business and individual tax returns;
- Prepare and review general accounting deliverables;
- Have a basic understanding of the taxation of partnerships, s-corporations and c-corporations;
- Recognize, research and document tax issues with assistance from other tax team members;
- Work closely and communicate directly with partners, managers, team members and clients.
The preferred experience/background/skill requirements for a Senior Tax Associate in our Tax and Business Services Department include:
- CPA license is preferred;
- Three or more years of tax compliance experience in a public accounting or a comparable environment;
- Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively utilize technology;
- A commitment to continuous learning;
- Possess a general knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Possess the ability to meet challenging statutory and regulatory deadlines;
- Ability to meet client deadlines and work on multiple projects at one time;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required);
- Proficiency in Thompson Reuters software platforms a plus.
This opportunity offers an extensive benefits package that includes signing bonus, competitive compensation, bonus, profit sharing and 401K plans, health, life, disability and long term care insurance.
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.