Senior Tax and Accounting Manager
|Location:||St. Louis, MO|
|Position:||Senior Tax and Accounting Manager|
|Education Level:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Experience Level:||Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)|
Conner Ash P.C., a highly respected public accounting Firm with nearly 100 years of providing tax, accounting and assurance services in the St. Louis area, is seeking a Senior Tax and Accounting Manager or Tax and Accounting Manager with 8+ years of experience for our Tax and Business Services Department.
Successful candidates will have recent public accounting (or comparable) experience, strong technical skills and experience in tax return and accounting review and consulting. As Senior Tax and Accounting Manager or Tax and Accounting Manager, you will work to design and implement processes to effectively manage and provide tax and accounting services to Firm clients, resolve complex tax issues, supervise accounting and business consulting services and take an active role in the Firm’s leadership and business development.
The responsibilities for a Senior Tax and Accounting Manager or Tax and Accounting Manager in our Tax and Business Services Department include:
- Review business, individual and trust tax returns;
- Have a general understanding of the taxation of partnerships, s-corporations and c-corporations;
- Recognize, research and resolve technical tax issues;
- Provide guidance and reviews of accounting service engagements;
- Supervise and mentor team members assigned to client engagements;
- Work closely with the Assurance Department on compilations, reviews and other assurance engagements;
- Assist with the coordination and presentation of internal CPE events;
- Assist with proposals and business development for new and prospective clients.
The preferred experience/background/skill requirements for a Senior Tax and Accounting Manager or Tax and Accounting Manager in our Tax and Business Services Department include:
- CPA license is required;
- Eight or more years of tax and accounting services experience in a public accounting or comparable environment;
- Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively utilize technology;
- A commitment to continuous learning;
- Possess the ability to meet challenging statutory and regulatory deadlines;
- Excellent supervisory and leadership ability;
- Strong communication (verbal and written), analytical and research abilities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required);
- Proficiency in Thompson Reuters software platforms a plus.
This opportunity offers an extensive benefits package that includes signing bonus, competitive compensation, bonus, profit sharing and 401K plans, health, life, disability and long term care insurance.
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.